Friday, May 21, 2010

TOMATO PENNE PASTA




An Italian delicacy, with a little twist of Indian flavor gives you the taste as well as pleasure of having homemade pasta within a matter of few minutes. The sauce can be made according to one’s taste and liking of vegetables. There is no need to bake this recipe. To make this we need to do two things. First-> Boil Penne or whatever shape you like. Second is to make its sauce. I am here using simple and famous tomato sauce with some vegetables.  

INGREDIENTS

Penne ½ lb                                     Tomato Paste 4-5 tsp
Italian Herbs 2 tsp                         Tomato (Med Size) 2 Pieces
Onion (Med Size) ½ cup               Salt to taste
Parmesan Cheese 3-4 tsp         Oil 1 tsp
Mix Vegetables (Carrot, Corn, Beans, Brocolli)  ¼ cup

Preparation
Finely cut the mix vegetables, Onion and Tomato.

METHOD

Boil Penne in water till ‘al dente’ or according to the instructions on the packet.

SAUCE

Take a pan, add 1 tsp oil. Let it heat and add 1 tsp Italian herbs to it. It will give a nice aroma. Fry Onion till golden brown. Add Mix vegetables and fry them for 3-4 minutes. Add Tomatoes and cover the pan for another 2-3 minutes. Mix all the vegetables and add tomato paste to it. Add salt to it. Cover the lid and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Add 1 tsp Italian herbs to it.

In a serving plate, add boiled penne, toss the sauce on top of it and sprinkle parmesan cheese. You can also garnish it with spring onions. 






PS: Sending this entry to Presto Pasta Nights and Lavender Lime. 


and Pari of FoodDelicious

29 Comments:

Sayali said...

Hi suvidha..well also try readymade ragu pasta sauce...
Nice pic

Hayley said...

Hi Suvidha
came through foodieblogroll..lovely sapce with freat recipes..do visit me if you can..

Sayali said...

HI Suvidha...Collect your award from my blog :)

Malar Gandhi said...

Delicious pasta, filling meal:)

Gabriel said...

I love tomatoes! I think I will also love this recipe too. I will try this one. Do you have other delicious tomato recipes? I will look for it. Thanks

Alisa-Foodista said...

It looks good!If you wont mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

Heather said...

I love tomatoes! I think I will also love this recipe too. I will try this one. Do you have other delicious tomato recipes.I will look for it.

Carrie said...

Wow,I love tomatoes! I think I will also love this recipe too. I will try this one. Do you have other delicious tomato recipes.I will look for it.thanx for this one.

Megan said...

Tomatos recipe is my fav, do you have other delicious tomato recipe i will look for it and thanx for the pictures.

Kara said...

Nice blog, i like it and the recipe is awesome, keep it up.

Samantha said...

Wow, I think I will also love this recipe too. I will try this one. Do you have other delicious tomato recipes? I will look for it. Thanks to you,

Michelle said...

This was really good. I added some crushed red pepper for a little extra kick. I can't wait to have it again tommorow for lunch.

Kristen said...

Potatos look so Yummy, i must try this at home, thanx for sharing with us.

Victoria said...

This was very good and my family enjoyed it. I thought it was a little too cheesy, pan and plates were hard to clean afterward. Maybe I'll try adding more tomatoes and basil next time so it's not so sticky. I will definitely make it again!

Diane said...

Just found your blog, thanx for posting, looking forward for your next post.

Lynn said...

I really like collecting recipes and I love to try this one. I hope my mom will enjoy this one.Thank you

Jane said...

love this tomatos recipe, it looks delicious, i must try this at home.

Katie said...

Its pasta again!! Ohh I really love it..Thanks for sharing the ingredients. Love it very much!

Kayla said...

I just want to say that i love your potato recipe, its looking very delicious, thanx for the share.

Jillian said...

When I lived alone i wasn't a good cook and enjoyed eating pasta. For a bit of flavour I'd put nothing but tomato sauce on my pasta which was usually penne pasta. My girlfriend thinks it's disgusting when I tell her this.

Jean said...

Well, i just want to say that i really like your recipe, and must try this at home, thanx for the wonderful post, looking forward.

Christy said...

Really easy to make, I usually keep most of these ingredients in my house already so this side dish had been added to our regular rotation. The only thing I did different was used wheat penne instead of regular penne. Goes great with breaded chicken cutlets (or adding leftover chicken cutlets cut into small pieces)

Jennifer said...

It was indeed cheesy though I had taken the advise of several other cooks and cut the pepper jack cheese. My kids still loved it.

Brittany said...

This was really good. I added some crushed red pepper for a little extra kick. I can't wait to have it again tommorow for lunch.

Suvidha A. said...

Thanks a lot!!

Anonymous said...

what a clever idea! Thanks for taking part in this week's PPN :)

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Sounds delicious - thanks for sharing it :-)
Sue

Myvegfare said...

Lovely Pasta dear, with vegtetables, Mmm.., love it, I make it too, with a bake, thanks for sending it to the event, Did you leave a comment on pari's blog for the give away

Suvidha A. said...

@ jayasri : Thanks a lot!! Yep, i did leave a comment there.

Post a Comment

Feel free to give suggestions/comments/contributions or ask questions related to recipes.